Friday, August 10, 2012

A post about life these days

Someone recently made the comment to me, "I'm glad you're having the time of your life."  I sat there wondering what they were seeing in my life that I was not seeing.  I would not classify this period of time in my life as the "time of my life."  I'm not in the toughest season of life to-date but it is far from my happiest period of life.

I am busy. I have things happening but enthusiastic joy and happiness is not what I'm feeling these days.  In so many ways I wonder if I'm just letting life pass me by.  I'm wondering if maybe I missed some cue from God somewhere.  Maybe I'm waiting for God but God is waiting for me.  I can't say I'm unhappy.  I have a job, a place to live (thank you Mom and Dad), a car that works, friends and I have hope that there are many years ahead that will hold the time of my life.  Yeah, I'm not having the time of my life...at the moment.  

Another friend sat across the table from me recently and said "I want you to find time for some fun in your life."  I smiled and was grateful for a friend who reads between the lines and cares enough to challenge me.  Tomorrow I am going to the Zoo with two of my favorite guys (ages 7 & 5) and the fabulous, fantastic R-girl.  Fun is on the menu.  We will buy a zoo key, laugh at the gorillas, watch the lemurs antics (and probably sing "I like to move it, move it) and hope the grizzlies are playing in the water.  We might ride the train and maybe listen to the lions roar and yes, we will have fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment