Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A post about work

No kidding, I honestly don't know how I got through today.  The morning was great.  I didn't have to go in to work until noon, so I took some time to relax and water the plants and feed the birds.  Once I got to work, though, it was non stop go.  Non.stop.

Tonight was the first big meeting for my boss.  I went through at least a ream of paper printing out all the papers for the meeting.  I know I went through ink cartridges like crazy.  CRAZY!  The printer was slow too.  Painfully slow.  The office was covered in papers and directories and folders and I walked out...ran out...to the big meeting leaving piles of things everywhere.  It's not how I've worked in this office, to just leave things everywhere.

For people who know me well, that's a surprise.  My desk at my former job was always covered with stuff.  Always.  There were piles and piles and piles.  I would try to clean it off when vacation time came around, but always wound up with piles.  I still pile, but it's all in the "inbox".  It's not just me at this office, there are people who come around all the time.  I have a feeling it's only going to increase as more and more people get to know that there is a District Office and an employee.

Tomorrow my plan is to deal with the piles, pick up the pieces, make notes for next month and make the chaos of the office go away.  Tonight, it's time to sleep.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment