Sunday, July 1, 2012

A post where I don't think about breathing

It's been a week and a half since my doctors visit and a week and a half since I've been on an inhaler daily.  Can I just say wow.  Wow, wow, wow.  I realized just a few minutes ago that my chest hasn't been tight all day long.

I'm so used to waking up in the middle of the night trying to catch my breath or listening to the sound of my chest rattling or the incessant wheezing.  This was definitely a good move.  I've been up and down the stairs at home all day and not once have I been out of breath.  Hallelujah.

So, not thinking about breathing has me thinking about a lot of different things.  The number one thought has been about the future.  I feel like there should be an echo there.  The future...future...future...future.  I'm more and more convinced the job I currently hold is not the job I want to stay in the rest of my life.  I know, without a doubt, there is more church work for me in the future.  I know, as easily as I breathe these days, that I was made to be a part of the church and most likely employed by a church.  What that role might be, I still have no idea, though other people are quick to tell me what role they envision me in...yeah, I don't see it but I could still have blinders on.

I do know that God is moving and working in my life, despite me.  I do know I made the right choice a year ago to leave my comfort zone and leap off the cliff, so to speak.  That is enough for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment