Friday, June 1, 2012

A post to begin a blog

One of the things I have learned through my life is to be very careful, moderated, deliberate, thoughtful about what I say.  Be it words on paper, Internet or spoken, I've learned words matter.

One of the things I have learned through my life is my thoughts and ideas are not necessarily others thoughts or ideas.  I have my own set of opinions on life which others may or may not agree with.

One of the things I have learned through my life is I don't like confrontation.  By moderating my words and remembering others think differently than I do, I have found I can usually avoid a LOT of confrontation.

Imagine my surprise, one day, when someone in my life looked at me and said, "You are so confrontational!".  I thought they were being sarcastic for a split second.  They were serious.

I've lived my life working to be open, to be moderate, to keep the peace, to present my case in ways which bring people together, in other words, I've worked really hard all my life to be liked.  To be called confrontational, well, it rocked my world.

Something has happened, between that moment and now.  Actually, many somethings have happened between that moment and now.  Life has changed.  I have changed, though part of me wonders if I have really changed or if I have finally given myself permission to be me.  With all my thoughts, feelings, opinions and words.

The time has come to speak my mind.  The time has come to employ all those attributes of my personality as well as the part of me that is increasingly, well, confrontational.

I begin this new blog, this new space, with a desire to be true to myself, true to my thoughts, feelings and opinions without a desire to please everyone.  I begin this new blog looking down the road, wondering where I am going, appreciative for where I've been, with many, many questions and opinions ready to roll off my tongue...okay, fingertips.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi B :)
    honored to be part of this leg of the journey. Love you xoxoxox.

    ReplyDelete